Serpent and the Veil: A Mystery School of Indigenous Irish Wisdom
Join me for an in-depth immersion of a year and a day, in the tradition of our ancient European mystery schools, to connect to the spiral dance of life, to participate, remember and embody the rhythms of the season and the powers found within and without. We will reclaim our sense of belonging and our own sovereignty through Irish myths, the land herself, indigenous herbs and sacred ritual. We will traverse through the veil and collectively work to reconnect the Otherworld with our own, thus restoring balance and healing to the Earth, the serpent awakened. Next immersion begins Samhain/ November 2019.
Through Serpent and the Veil mystery school, you will be initiated into spiritual and mystical connection with our Irish heritage** in order to walk through the veil to heal and transform self, community and Earth.
Through Serpent and the Veil mystery school we will gather in community and, through that power, destabilize the reach of the patriarchy. One ritual, one circle, one myth at a time.
Through Serpent and the Veil we will work with herbs and their wisdom, accessing primal connections and the knowing held within and without. We will experience the oneness that we all are through the culmination of accessing entheogenic aspects of the most sacred plants.
Through Serpent and the Veil we will live with the seasons, celebrate the eight sacred festivals, connect with lunar cycles and, through that, discover our place of belonging in the cosmic rhythm.
Through Serpent and the Veil we will shed the culturalized layer of skin, the consumeristic, capitalistic skin that has held us captive, and through that shedding we will rise into our own sovereignty of participation and protection, the serpent awakened.
** Many in America come from Native European roots or feel a spiritual ancestral link to the traditions there. The Serpent and the Veil allows us to reclaim our own traditions and roots, shifting from the appropriation of spiritual traditions that are not our own. Many of us in the United States and worldwide have Native European heritage and this school is meant to help us learn, remember and practice our own rituals. This school is not meant to be exclusive in any way. All are welcome to receive and use the tools to deepen into their own traditions. Listen to the voice of your own knowing to discern if this is the right program for you. Please do not base your decision on the outcome of an ancestry DNA test, as that is giving your power to the patriarchy and discounting the knowing and longing in your own heart. All are welcome.
For REQUIREMENTS AND REGISTRATION/APPLICATION please see the bottom of this page.
In Serpent and the Veil, we will be:
* Calling in the Ancestors
* Working with Gods and Goddesses of the Tuatha de Danaan including Lugh, Brighid, the Morrigan as our patrons plus many others
* Reading Irish mythology and discussing and practicing its relevance and purpose in our lives today
* Using guided journeywork to connect and journey through the Veil to the Otherworld
* Celebrating rituals aligned with the seasons
* Working with the ancient symbolism of tarot
* Allying with indigenous Irish herbs
* Connecting with lunar wisdom
* Pilgrimaging on the sacred land of Ireland
* Sharing our gifts with the greater community
* Creating art to deepen in to our experience
Students who engage in this mystery school journey will be:
* Curious and open
* Willing to journey to the wild edges, willing to sacrifice fear for growth
* Committed to the financial exchange
* Deep listeners
* Comfortable with nonlinear thinking